FireEye Email Security (EX Series) secures against advanced email attacks. As part of the FireEye Threat Prevention Platform, EX uses signature-less technology to analyze every email attachment and successfully quarantine spear-phishing emails used in advanced targeted attacks.
This one-day course is a primer on EX, covering deployment options, basic administration, and core functionality. Hands-on activities include appliance administration, how to read alerts generated by EX, and how to identify recipients of malicious emails.
This course is the recommended starting point for anyone who uses an EX.
Upon completion of the course the learner should be able to:
- Deploy, install, and configure an EX series appliance
- Administer an EX appliance
- Identify recipients of malicious emails
- FireEye Core Technology
- Malware infection cycle
- MVX engine
- Appliance analysis phases
- Appliance Administration
- Appliance updates
- Role-based access and user accounts
- Malware event notifications
- System notifications
- Email Security
- Primary functions EX platform
- Correct EX network positioning
- Deployment modes
- Initial EX configuration
- FireEye EX Web UI and dashboard
- Malicious email alerts
- Email quarantine
Lessons are typically a blend of lecture and hands-on lab activities.
A working understanding of email security, networking and network security, the Windows operating system, file system, registry, and use of the CLI.
Network Security professionals and Incident Responders; FireEye Admin and Analyst users.