FireEye Endpoint Security (HX Series) offers industry-leading threat and exploit detection capabilities. HX enables endpoint visibility for a more flexible and adaptive defense against known or unknown threats.
This self-paced online course provides an introduction to FireEye HX, including deployment, configuration, reviewing alerts, containing endpoint, and enterprise search.
This course is the recommended starting point for anyone who uses an HX.
Upon completion of the course the learner should be able to:
- Identify the components needed for HX deployment
- Identify the key phases of HX operation
- Perform initial configuration of HX appliance and hosts
- Create custom threat indicators
- Identify critical information in an HX alert
- Validate an HX alert
- Request and approve hosts for containment
- HX Deployment
- Standard deployment
- Integrated deployment with CM
- Lookback cache
- Phases of operation
- Initial appliance configuration
- Agent Management
- Agent installation and provisioning
- Agent upgrades
- Agent policies
- Host Management
- Hosts sets
- Backing-up host certificates
- Threat Management
- Intelligence management
- Triage summary
- Containment process
- Containment settings
- Searches and Acquisitions
- Acquiring files and triage packages
- Simple and Exhaustive searches
A working understanding of networking and network security, the Windows operating system, file system, registry, and use of the CLI.
This course is self-paced, so duration may vary. On average, this course should take about two hours to complete. The course does not need to be completed in a single sitting.
This course was designed to work in all modern desktop browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer 10+, Microsoft Edge) and tablets (such as iPad). While it may work on mobile phones, we do not officially support phones and suggest using a desktop or tablet to view the course.
Please contact your FireEye account manager for details.